Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- An MSU physicist believes he has solved the "black hole information paradox"
- What you can do to help Michigan's bats
- "A sad day" for Michigan bats: White-nose syndrome found in 3 counties
- This is doing more damage to Detroit than a hundred drug murders could have
- Biologists expect the worst for Michigan's bat population
Fri January 6, 2012
Michigan Democrats plan 'endorsement convention'
Michigan Democrats plan to endorse their candidates for the state Supreme Court and statewide education boards on March 10.
The Michigan Democratic Party announced the move Thursday. It will allow Democrats to get a head start on campaigning in those races for the November 2012 election.
The endorsements will come several months before Democrats can officially nominate candidates to run for those offices. Nominating conventions typically are scheduled for August or later.
Democrats also used an endorsement convention to get a head start on campaigning for some races in 2010.
Democrats plan to endorse three candidates for the Michigan Supreme Court during the March event at Cobo Center in Detroit.