Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- An MSU physicist believes he has solved the "black hole information paradox"
- What you can do to help Michigan's bats
- "A sad day" for Michigan bats: White-nose syndrome found in 3 counties
- This is doing more damage to Detroit than a hundred drug murders could have
- Biologists expect the worst for Michigan's bat population
Tue July 16, 2013
Michigan dentist plans move to 'bring good dental health to the people of Uganda'
It wasn't so long ago that Ryan Shinska was quarterbacking his high school football team in Richmond in Macomb County.
Then it was off to Ann Arbor to the University of Michigan. Three years ago, he graduated from U of M's dental school.
And today, Dr. Ryan Shinska is a man with a self-declared mission: to end dental pain and bring good dental health to the people of Uganda.
Ryan will move to Uganda on July 25th to open a dental clinic there. His journey from U of M student to opening a clinic to serve the poor in one of the world's poorest countries is worth exploring and sharing.
Dr. Ryan Shinska joined us today in the studio.
Listen to the full interview above.