Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- No, Chinese investors aren't 'buying up Detroit' – but they do have an eye on the Motor City
- The average Michigan family needs $52,330 a year to 'make ends meet'
- If Arizona's bill to discriminate surprises you, you won't believe what's legal in Michigan
- What all the snow and ice will mean for Great Lakes water levels
- Here are our 10 favorite photos of what your winter looks like
Tue July 16, 2013
Michigan dentist plans move to 'bring good dental health to the people of Uganda'
It wasn't so long ago that Ryan Shinska was quarterbacking his high school football team in Richmond in Macomb County.
Then it was off to Ann Arbor to the University of Michigan. Three years ago, he graduated from U of M's dental school.
And today, Dr. Ryan Shinska is a man with a self-declared mission: to end dental pain and bring good dental health to the people of Uganda.
Ryan will move to Uganda on July 25th to open a dental clinic there. His journey from U of M student to opening a clinic to serve the poor in one of the world's poorest countries is worth exploring and sharing.
Dr. Ryan Shinska joined us today in the studio.
Listen to the full interview above.