Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
- What explains Michigan's large Arab American community?
- Don't like the water shut-offs in Detroit? Now you can pay someone's overdue water bill
- Some think their immigrant ancestors were the last that should be allowed in the U.S.
- Michigan Republican Party's tactics remind me of Watergate, because both were unnecessary
Tue July 16, 2013
Michigan dentist plans move to 'bring good dental health to the people of Uganda'
It wasn't so long ago that Ryan Shinska was quarterbacking his high school football team in Richmond in Macomb County.
Then it was off to Ann Arbor to the University of Michigan. Three years ago, he graduated from U of M's dental school.
And today, Dr. Ryan Shinska is a man with a self-declared mission: to end dental pain and bring good dental health to the people of Uganda.
Ryan will move to Uganda on July 25th to open a dental clinic there. His journey from U of M student to opening a clinic to serve the poor in one of the world's poorest countries is worth exploring and sharing.
Dr. Ryan Shinska joined us today in the studio.
Listen to the full interview above.