Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- An MSU physicist believes he has solved the "black hole information paradox"
- What you can do to help Michigan's bats
- This is doing more damage to Detroit than a hundred drug murders could have
- Biologists expect the worst for Michigan's bat population
- Join the Great Michigan Read story-writing contest
Tue January 7, 2014
Michigan falling behind on school safety reporting
Parents want to know how safe their child's school is. How many incidents of bullying have happened, for example? How many kids caught with drugs or alcohol?
Well, it's been more than a decade since the state of Michigan required the reporting of school safety information, but it appears that requirement is failing.
Bridge Magazine writer Ron French recently dug into the extent of the problem.
*Listen to the audio above.