Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
- What explains Michigan's large Arab American community?
- Some think their immigrant ancestors were the last that should be allowed in the U.S.
- Michigan Republican Party's tactics remind me of Watergate, because both were unnecessary
- Michigan's campaign for governor gets weird as Republicans deploy spyglasses
Tue January 7, 2014
Michigan falling behind on school safety reporting
Parents want to know how safe their child's school is. How many incidents of bullying have happened, for example? How many kids caught with drugs or alcohol?
Well, it's been more than a decade since the state of Michigan required the reporting of school safety information, but it appears that requirement is failing.
Bridge Magazine writer Ron French recently dug into the extent of the problem.
*Listen to the audio above.