Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- "A sad day" for Michigan bats: White-nose syndrome found in 3 counties
- This is doing more damage to Detroit than a hundred drug murders could have
- Biologists expect the worst for Michigan's bat population
- Power shift at Kendall College causing a stir
- This is what it sounds like when a neighborhood church closes
Tue January 7, 2014
Michigan falling behind on school safety reporting
Parents want to know how safe their child's school is. How many incidents of bullying have happened, for example? How many kids caught with drugs or alcohol?
Well, it's been more than a decade since the state of Michigan required the reporting of school safety information, but it appears that requirement is failing.
Bridge Magazine writer Ron French recently dug into the extent of the problem.
*Listen to the audio above.