Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Here's how Michigan taxpayers came to own the designs for the original World Trade Center
- Revisiting the origin of the "Michigan Left"
- What's behind Michigan Republicans' big turnaround on medical marijuana?
- Decades after a summer job up north, this man writes an insider account of Mackinac Island
- Gay teacher who says pregnancy got her fired speaks to Stateside
Tue January 7, 2014
Michigan falling behind on school safety reporting
Parents want to know how safe their child's school is. How many incidents of bullying have happened, for example? How many kids caught with drugs or alcohol?
Well, it's been more than a decade since the state of Michigan required the reporting of school safety information, but it appears that requirement is failing.
Bridge Magazine writer Ron French recently dug into the extent of the problem.
*Listen to the audio above.