Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Former Detroit broadcaster was inspiration for 'Ron Burgundy'
- Pressure builds on Michigan Football as Athletic Department's budget grows
- Muskegon is home to America's tallest, singing Christmas tree
- Tribal sovereignty at issue in US Supreme Court case out of Michigan
- Do you live in a 'Super ZIP?' Here are Michigan's top 5 wealthiest ZIP codes
Tue April 2, 2013
Michigan fans scrambling to find tickets and hotel rooms in Atlanta for the Final Four
The University of Michigan’s allotment of tickets to this weekend’s Final Four basketball games is going quickly.
The last of the more than three thousand tickets might be scooped up by season ticket holders and students by the end of today.
Wolverine fans are not only scrambling for tickets. They are also looking for places to stay in Atlanta for Saturday’s semi-final game against Syracuse and hopefully Monday’s national championship game.
Chris Conlin’s Ann Arbor travel agency is making arrangements for three to four hundred U of M fans to stay at the team’s hotel. The company often sets up trips to U of M’s post-season bowl games.
“It is a little bit more complicated than doing the bowl tours that we’ve been doing for decades, where we might have three weeks…Here we basically have three days,” says Conlin.
Conlin says there should be plenty of hotel rooms for fans traveling to Atlanta.
Though he adds it might be very difficult finding tickets to see the Wolverines play in their first Final Four in 20 years.
The school won the men’s basketball title in 1989.