Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- No, Chinese investors aren't 'buying up Detroit' – but they do have an eye on the Motor City
- The average Michigan family needs $52,330 a year to 'make ends meet'
- If Arizona's bill to discriminate surprises you, you won't believe what's legal in Michigan
- What all the snow and ice will mean for Great Lakes water levels
- Here are our 10 favorite photos of what your winter looks like
Mon February 17, 2014
Michigan figure skaters set world record at Sochi
One of the most compelling Michigan stories to emerge from the Sochi Winter Olympics has been in the ice dancing competition. Fifteen of the 24 teams train at three Metro Detroit facilities, including Arctic Edge in Canton.
Sunday's short program left two teams at the head of the pack: Canada's Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir, and Charlie Davis and Meryl White for Team USA. Both pairs train at Arctic Edge, and both share the same coach.
Today, the two teams competed for gold, and...
<<< SPOILER ALERT: DON'T CLICK THROUGH if you don't want to know what happened today in Sochi>>>
Meryl Davis and Charlie White won the gold today, becoming the first American team to ever win Olympic gold in ice dancing. Davis and White sat down to talk with Cynthia Canty last spring as they prepared for the World Figure Skating Championships.