Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
- What explains Michigan's large Arab American community?
- Some think their immigrant ancestors were the last that should be allowed in the U.S.
- Michigan Republican Party's tactics remind me of Watergate, because both were unnecessary
- Signed a petition to oppose Asian carp? You actually signed a petition to allow wolf hunting
Mon February 17, 2014
Michigan figure skaters set world record at Sochi
One of the most compelling Michigan stories to emerge from the Sochi Winter Olympics has been in the ice dancing competition. Fifteen of the 24 teams train at three Metro Detroit facilities, including Arctic Edge in Canton.
Sunday's short program left two teams at the head of the pack: Canada's Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir, and Charlie Davis and Meryl White for Team USA. Both pairs train at Arctic Edge, and both share the same coach.
Today, the two teams competed for gold, and...
<<< SPOILER ALERT: DON'T CLICK THROUGH if you don't want to know what happened today in Sochi>>>
Meryl Davis and Charlie White won the gold today, becoming the first American team to ever win Olympic gold in ice dancing. Davis and White sat down to talk with Cynthia Canty last spring as they prepared for the World Figure Skating Championships.