Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Take it from this "Trustafarian," these judgy maps are meant to make us laugh
- Green goo growing in Lake Erie is not what you think it is
- The new right-to-farm requirements and backyard animals
- Lawmakers vote to allow wolf hunts in UP
- Workers in Minnesota see wage gains, while workers in Michigan see steady wage losses
Mon February 17, 2014
Michigan figure skaters set world record at Sochi
One of the most compelling Michigan stories to emerge from the Sochi Winter Olympics has been in the ice dancing competition. Fifteen of the 24 teams train at three Metro Detroit facilities, including Arctic Edge in Canton.
Sunday's short program left two teams at the head of the pack: Canada's Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir, and Charlie Davis and Meryl White for Team USA. Both pairs train at Arctic Edge, and both share the same coach.
Today, the two teams competed for gold, and...
<<< SPOILER ALERT: DON'T CLICK THROUGH if you don't want to know what happened today in Sochi>>>
Meryl Davis and Charlie White won the gold today, becoming the first American team to ever win Olympic gold in ice dancing. Davis and White sat down to talk with Cynthia Canty last spring as they prepared for the World Figure Skating Championships.