Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Take it from this "Trustafarian," these judgy maps are meant to make us laugh
- The new right-to-farm requirements and backyard animals
- Green goo growing in Lake Erie is not what you think it is
- Lawmakers vote to allow wolf hunts in UP
- Host A Prairie Home Companion 40th Anniversary Listening/Viewing Party
Wed December 7, 2011
Michigan Forward challenges Public Act 4
Michigan's emergency manager law was strengthened this year with Public Act 4 which gave emergency managers more sweeping powers.
PA 4 is now facing a number of court challenges.
The group Michigan Forward is gathering signature to put the law to a voter referendum on the November 2012 ballot. As of now they have over 155,000 signatures. They need 161,304 signatures or more.
If they're able to collect those signatures and the petition is approved, the emergency manager law will be suspended until the 2012 election.
Brandon Jessup, Chairman and CEO of Michigan Forward, spoke with Michigan Radio's Jennifer White.