Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- The Detroit Free Press endorsement shows our system of government is broken
- Scientists are looking for "survivor trees" in Michigan, and they want your help
- 8 Mile Road is eight miles from where?
- Snyder and Schauer both wrong; potential revenue lost to schools is a billion dollars a year
- Here's why so few people get flu shots
Politics & Government
Mon March 17, 2014
Michigan governor plans trade trip to Europe
LANSING – Michigan Gov. Rick Snyder plans to travel to Europe in early April for a trade mission focused on the automotive industry and manufacturing.
Spokeswoman Sara Wurfel tells the Detroit Free Press the weeklong visit will include meetings and events in Italy and Germany.
Wurfel says the trip will be "automobile industry and manufacturing focused in nature." She says Snyder will be accompanied by officials from the Michigan Economic Development Corp. and the Detroit Regional Chamber. More details are to be released later.
Europe has big ties to Michigan's automotive industry. Chrysler and Italian automaker Fiat, for example, are moving forward as a single company.
Snyder has made several trade trips out of the U.S., including an earlier one to Europe. That visit also included stops in Germany and Italy.