Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- No, Chinese investors aren't 'buying up Detroit' – but they do have an eye on the Motor City
- The average Michigan family needs $52,330 a year to 'make ends meet'
- Here are our 10 favorite photos of what your winter looks like
- Michigan's Attorney General is risking his political future over the gay marriage case
- What all the snow and ice will mean for Great Lakes water levels
Thu September 5, 2013
Michigan has a new car czar
Governor Rick Snyder has tapped a veteran auto industry executive to become the state’s automotive adviser. Gov. Snyder announced the appointment of Nigel Francis and the creation of the Automotive Industry Office earlier this week.
The new position and new office will be housed within the Michigan Economic Development Corporation. Francis has almost 30 years of executive experience in the auto sector both in Europe and the U.S. -- most recently working for Tata Technologies in Novi and Troy. Nigel Francis joined us today. Listen to the interview above.