Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
- What explains Michigan's large Arab American community?
- Some think their immigrant ancestors were the last that should be allowed in the U.S.
- Michigan Republican Party's tactics remind me of Watergate, because both were unnecessary
- Michigan's campaign for governor gets weird as Republicans deploy spyglasses
Thu September 5, 2013
Michigan has a new car czar
Governor Rick Snyder has tapped a veteran auto industry executive to become the state’s automotive adviser. Gov. Snyder announced the appointment of Nigel Francis and the creation of the Automotive Industry Office earlier this week.
The new position and new office will be housed within the Michigan Economic Development Corporation. Francis has almost 30 years of executive experience in the auto sector both in Europe and the U.S. -- most recently working for Tata Technologies in Novi and Troy. Nigel Francis joined us today. Listen to the interview above.