Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Awkward: UAW official praises Democratic candidate for governor while the GOP incumbent listens
- Ypsilanti family finds happiness in living off the land
- Go lake trout! Native fish overcome seemingly ‘insurmountable’ challenges in Lake Huron
- There are 586,000,000 reasons to play the lottery today
- Former MSU president used football to build an academic powerhouse
Thu March 10, 2011
Michigan jobless rate declines in January
Michigan's unemployment rate continued in decline in January to 10.7 percent. That's the lowest it's been in more than two years. And, it's three percentage points lower than the same time last year: the jobless rate in January 2010 was 13.7 percent.
The national jobless rate in January of this year was 9.0 percent.