Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Charter school supporters’ response to investigations is "Soviet" in style
- This Michigan-bred musician nails 29 celebrity impressions in one song
- Protests Monday night against migrant children coming to Michigan
- What explains Michigan's large Arab American community?
- This Michigan-bred musician did zero out of 29 celebrity impressions. I was punked.
Thu April 25, 2013
Michigan lawmakers one step closer to avoiding referendum on wolf hunt
The Michigan Senate has approved legislation that could circumvent a referendum on wolf hunting.
The bill would give a state commission the authority to name the wolf, or almost any other species, as a game species.
That's separate from the wolf-hunting law that is the target of a referendum drive. That referendum would appear on the November 2014 ballot once petitions signed by 250,000 voters are certified by a state elections board.
*This post will be updated.
Environment & Science
The Environment Report
Politics & Government