Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- No, Chinese investors aren't 'buying up Detroit' – but they do have an eye on the Motor City
- The average Michigan family needs $52,330 a year to 'make ends meet'
- If Arizona's bill to discriminate surprises you, you won't believe what's legal in Michigan
- What all the snow and ice will mean for Great Lakes water levels
- Here are our 10 favorite photos of what your winter looks like
Tue April 12, 2011
Michigan lawmakers propose alternative to campground closures
Twelve Republican legislators from northern Michigan are proposing a plan that would keep some forest campgrounds in the state open.
The DNR says they’re closing the campgrounds because they’re not heavily used and the state doesn’t have the money to maintain them.
The GOP lawmakers detailed plans on Monday that would give local governments the option to take over the campgrounds that would otherwise be closed.