Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Awkward: UAW official praises Democratic candidate for governor while the GOP incumbent listens
- If its name is any indication, this winter storm headed for Michigan could be really fierce
- Michigan Republican party fails to address Dave Agema's bigotry and hatred
- Ypsilanti family finds happiness in living off the land
- Michigan's student homelessness problem is growing
Tue April 12, 2011
Michigan lawmakers propose alternative to campground closures
Twelve Republican legislators from northern Michigan are proposing a plan that would keep some forest campgrounds in the state open.
The DNR says they’re closing the campgrounds because they’re not heavily used and the state doesn’t have the money to maintain them.
The GOP lawmakers detailed plans on Monday that would give local governments the option to take over the campgrounds that would otherwise be closed.