Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Take it from this "Trustafarian," these judgy maps are meant to make us laugh
- Green goo growing in Lake Erie is not what you think it is
- The new right-to-farm requirements and backyard animals
- Lawmakers vote to allow wolf hunts in UP
- Workers in Minnesota see wage gains, while workers in Michigan see steady wage losses
Mon March 3, 2014
Michigan legislators pondering speed limit increase
What matters more to you: Being able to drive faster, or being able to walk or ride your bike without dodging a speeding car?
That's how the battle lines are forming over a package of bills soon to be introduced in the state Legislature. It would allow the state to give drivers more leeway to put the pedal to the metal.
Tim Fischer is with the Transportation for Michigan coalition and the Michigan Environmental Council and he joined us today.
*Listen to our interview above.