Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Don't like the water shut-offs in Detroit? Now you can pay someone's overdue water bill
- Approaching construction on the highway? Experts say the "zipper merge" can help
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
- These three female candidates could be some of the most interesting leaders in Michigan
- Re-thinking creativity's role in education
Mon March 3, 2014
Michigan legislators pondering speed limit increase
What matters more to you: Being able to drive faster, or being able to walk or ride your bike without dodging a speeding car?
That's how the battle lines are forming over a package of bills soon to be introduced in the state Legislature. It would allow the state to give drivers more leeway to put the pedal to the metal.
Tim Fischer is with the Transportation for Michigan coalition and the Michigan Environmental Council and he joined us today.
*Listen to our interview above.