Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Scientists are looking for "survivor trees" in Michigan, and they want your help
- The Detroit Free Press endorsement shows our system of government is broken
- 8 Mile Road is eight miles from where?
- Snyder and Schauer both wrong; potential revenue lost to schools is a billion dollars a year
- Here's why so few people get flu shots
Mon March 3, 2014
Michigan legislators pondering speed limit increase
What matters more to you: Being able to drive faster, or being able to walk or ride your bike without dodging a speeding car?
That's how the battle lines are forming over a package of bills soon to be introduced in the state Legislature. It would allow the state to give drivers more leeway to put the pedal to the metal.
Tim Fischer is with the Transportation for Michigan coalition and the Michigan Environmental Council and he joined us today.
*Listen to our interview above.