Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- 8 Mile Road is eight miles from where?
- Sure, there were pirates in the Caribbean, but the Great Lakes had them too
- Some in Ann Arbor have "cultural" concerns about annexing Whitmore Lake
- Analyzing Sunday's debate between Governor Rick Snyder and Democratic challenger, Mark Schauer
- Has public education funding gone up or down under Gov. Snyder's watch?
Mon March 3, 2014
Michigan legislators pondering speed limit increase
What matters more to you: Being able to drive faster, or being able to walk or ride your bike without dodging a speeding car?
That's how the battle lines are forming over a package of bills soon to be introduced in the state Legislature. It would allow the state to give drivers more leeway to put the pedal to the metal.
Tim Fischer is with the Transportation for Michigan coalition and the Michigan Environmental Council and he joined us today.
*Listen to our interview above.