Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
- Don't like the water shut-offs in Detroit? Now you can pay someone's overdue water bill
- Approaching construction on the highway? Experts say the "zipper merge" can help
- Some think their immigrant ancestors were the last that should be allowed in the U.S.
- Michigan Republican Party's tactics remind me of Watergate, because both were unnecessary
Wed August 22, 2012
Michigan Lottery contacted by $337M jackpot winner
LANSING, Mich. (AP) - The Michigan Lottery says it has been contacted by the winner of last week's $337 million Powerball jackpot.
In a news release issued Wednesday, the lottery says details about the ticket-holder won't be released until the prize is officially claimed.
The winning ticket for the Aug. 15 drawing was sold at a Sunoco station in Lapeer.
It was the third-largest Powerball jackpot in the game's history. Lottery officials have said the winner could take home a $241 million lump sum.