Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Former Detroit broadcaster was inspiration for 'Ron Burgundy'
- Pressure builds on Michigan Football as Athletic Department's budget grows
- Muskegon is home to America's tallest, singing Christmas tree
- Tribal sovereignty at issue in US Supreme Court case out of Michigan
- Why this 20 year old is getting a mastectomy, and why she's not alone
Wed August 22, 2012
Michigan Lottery contacted by $337M jackpot winner
LANSING, Mich. (AP) - The Michigan Lottery says it has been contacted by the winner of last week's $337 million Powerball jackpot.
In a news release issued Wednesday, the lottery says details about the ticket-holder won't be released until the prize is officially claimed.
The winning ticket for the Aug. 15 drawing was sold at a Sunoco station in Lapeer.
It was the third-largest Powerball jackpot in the game's history. Lottery officials have said the winner could take home a $241 million lump sum.