Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- No, Chinese investors aren't 'buying up Detroit' – but they do have an eye on the Motor City
- The average Michigan family needs $52,330 a year to 'make ends meet'
- Here are our 10 favorite photos of what your winter looks like
- Michigan's Attorney General is risking his political future over the gay marriage case
- What all the snow and ice will mean for Great Lakes water levels
Wed August 22, 2012
Michigan Lottery contacted by $337M jackpot winner
LANSING, Mich. (AP) - The Michigan Lottery says it has been contacted by the winner of last week's $337 million Powerball jackpot.
In a news release issued Wednesday, the lottery says details about the ticket-holder won't be released until the prize is officially claimed.
The winning ticket for the Aug. 15 drawing was sold at a Sunoco station in Lapeer.
It was the third-largest Powerball jackpot in the game's history. Lottery officials have said the winner could take home a $241 million lump sum.