Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- "A sad day" for Michigan bats: White-nose syndrome found in 3 counties
- This is doing more damage to Detroit than a hundred drug murders could have
- Power shift at Kendall College causing a stir
- This is what it sounds like when a neighborhood church closes
- Yo Yo Ma playing with Detroit kids might make your heart melt
Wed August 22, 2012
Michigan Lottery contacted by $337M jackpot winner
LANSING, Mich. (AP) - The Michigan Lottery says it has been contacted by the winner of last week's $337 million Powerball jackpot.
In a news release issued Wednesday, the lottery says details about the ticket-holder won't be released until the prize is officially claimed.
The winning ticket for the Aug. 15 drawing was sold at a Sunoco station in Lapeer.
It was the third-largest Powerball jackpot in the game's history. Lottery officials have said the winner could take home a $241 million lump sum.