Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- An MSU physicist believes he has solved the "black hole information paradox"
- What you can do to help Michigan's bats
- This is doing more damage to Detroit than a hundred drug murders could have
- Biologists expect the worst for Michigan's bat population
- Join the Great Michigan Read story-writing contest
Wed December 4, 2013
Michigan lottery is launching online sales despite denied funding from Legislature
A move by the Michigan Lottery has caught retailers by surprise, a big surprise.
Earlier this year, the State Legislature said no to a budget request from the Michigan Lottery for money to launch online and smart phone lottery sales. Store owners who sell lottery tickets thought that was the end of that.
Turns out, they were wrong.
Chris Gautz has been following this story for Crain's Detroit Business, and he joined us today.
Listen to the full interview above.