Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
- What explains Michigan's large Arab American community?
- Some think their immigrant ancestors were the last that should be allowed in the U.S.
- Michigan Republican Party's tactics remind me of Watergate, because both were unnecessary
- Signed a petition to oppose Asian carp? You actually signed a petition to allow wolf hunting
Fri September 30, 2011
Michigan Radio News Director Vincent Duffy named RTDNA chair-elect
The Radio Television Digital News Association (RTDNA) on Wednesday announced that Michigan Radio News Director Vincent Duffy has been elected chair-elect of the national organization. He is the first public media news director ever elected to this position. Members of RTDNA elected Duffy during the 2011 Excellence in Journalism Conference, which took place in New Orleans, LA, from Sept. 25-27. “I’m excited about this opportunity to represent electronic journalists, including digital journalists, and advocate on their behalf,” commented Duffy.
RTDNA is the world's largest professional organization representing electronic journalists in radio, television and all digital media, as well as journalism educators and students. Founded as a grassroots organization in 1946, the association is dedicated to setting standards for newsgathering and reporting.