Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- No, Chinese investors aren't 'buying up Detroit' – but they do have an eye on the Motor City
- If Arizona's bill to discriminate surprises you, you won't believe what's legal in Michigan
- The average Michigan family needs $52,330 a year to 'make ends meet'
- Watch a time-lapse video of the ice forming on the Great Lakes
- What all the snow and ice will mean for Great Lakes water levels
Fri September 30, 2011
Michigan Radio News Director Vincent Duffy named RTDNA chair-elect
The Radio Television Digital News Association (RTDNA) on Wednesday announced that Michigan Radio News Director Vincent Duffy has been elected chair-elect of the national organization. He is the first public media news director ever elected to this position. Members of RTDNA elected Duffy during the 2011 Excellence in Journalism Conference, which took place in New Orleans, LA, from Sept. 25-27. “I’m excited about this opportunity to represent electronic journalists, including digital journalists, and advocate on their behalf,” commented Duffy.
RTDNA is the world's largest professional organization representing electronic journalists in radio, television and all digital media, as well as journalism educators and students. Founded as a grassroots organization in 1946, the association is dedicated to setting standards for newsgathering and reporting.