Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- An MSU physicist believes he has solved the "black hole information paradox"
- What you can do to help Michigan's bats
- "A sad day" for Michigan bats: White-nose syndrome found in 3 counties
- This is doing more damage to Detroit than a hundred drug murders could have
- Biologists expect the worst for Michigan's bat population
Fri September 30, 2011
Michigan Radio News Director Vincent Duffy named RTDNA chair-elect
The Radio Television Digital News Association (RTDNA) on Wednesday announced that Michigan Radio News Director Vincent Duffy has been elected chair-elect of the national organization. He is the first public media news director ever elected to this position. Members of RTDNA elected Duffy during the 2011 Excellence in Journalism Conference, which took place in New Orleans, LA, from Sept. 25-27. “I’m excited about this opportunity to represent electronic journalists, including digital journalists, and advocate on their behalf,” commented Duffy.
RTDNA is the world's largest professional organization representing electronic journalists in radio, television and all digital media, as well as journalism educators and students. Founded as a grassroots organization in 1946, the association is dedicated to setting standards for newsgathering and reporting.