Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
- What explains Michigan's large Arab American community?
- Some think their immigrant ancestors were the last that should be allowed in the U.S.
- Michigan Republican Party's tactics remind me of Watergate, because both were unnecessary
- Michigan's campaign for governor gets weird as Republicans deploy spyglasses
Thu March 15, 2012
Michigan Radio Wins MAB Public Radio Station of the Year Award
Michigan Radio received fourteen awards from the Michigan Association of Broadcasters for achievement in broadcasting in 2011. The station’s awards include recognition as Public Radio Station of the Year, which Michigan Radio has won nine out of the past ten years. Michigan Radio also won seven First Place awards and six Merit awards. In addition to recognition for news coverage, community involvement and cultural programming, the station also received the MAB’s inaugural award in the Musical Programming category, for the innovative “Songs from Studio East” series.
Michigan Radio received MAB awards in the following categories:
- Station of the Year – Michigan Radio
First Place- Best in Category
- Special Interest & Cultural Programming: “The Cost of Creativity”
- Community Involvement: Issues & Ale
- News Special or Public Affairs Program: The Culture of Class
- Hard News & Current Events Story: “Rape Kit Backlog”
- Marketing Materials & Promos: “Lights Out”
- Membership Appeal: “Mornings Sound Like”
- Musical Programming: “Songs from Studio East: Red Tail Ring”
- Community Involvement: “Your Story”
- Hard News & Current Events: “Detroit Census Challenge”
- Newscast: 6/9/11 Newscast
- News Special or Public Affairs Program: “The Michigan-China Connection”
- Marketing Materials & Promos: “Weekends Are…”
- Feature/Use of Medium: “Remembering Mr. Rogers’ Factory Tour”
The Broadcast Excellence Awards program recognizes outstanding achievement in broadcasting by Michigan radio and television stations each year. All 2011 entries aired between January 1 and December 31, 2011. Michigan Radio competes in Group 2 of the Broadcast Excellence Award Divisions, which is for stations with more than $2 million budget. The awards were announced Wednesday evening at the MAB’s annual Great Lakes Broadcasting Conference in Lansing.