Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Take it from this "Trustafarian," these judgy maps are meant to make us laugh
- The new right-to-farm requirements and backyard animals
- Host A Prairie Home Companion 40th Anniversary Listening/Viewing Party
- 18 new charters opening this fall are already controversial
- What’s news, what’s fake news, and do all voters know the difference?
Tue March 11, 2014
Michigan ranks last in the nation for per-capita spending on veterans
Are Michigan veterans getting what they deserve in terms of benefits and support?
The Veterans Administration says when it comes to per-capita spending on veterans, Michigan checks in at an average of just over $3,400 per vet. The national average is over $4,800. That places Michigan last in the nation.
What is the state doing about this? And what are they doing to make sure that veterans get all the benefits to which they're entitled?
The director of Michigan's Veterans Affairs Agency, Jeff Barnes, joined us today.
Listen to the full interview above.
Politics & Government