Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
- What explains Michigan's large Arab American community?
- Some think their immigrant ancestors were the last that should be allowed in the U.S.
- Michigan Republican Party's tactics remind me of Watergate, because both were unnecessary
- Michigan's campaign for governor gets weird as Republicans deploy spyglasses
Tue November 2, 2010
Michigan Republican Party Chairman Declares a Republican Sweep
The Chairman of the state Republican Party Ron Weisner says state voters elected Republicans across the board: Governor, Attorney General, Secretary of State, and the courts. "Quite frankly we're swamping them in the courts. We're able to retake the courts finally!" He also said Republicans were elected to all educational boards, as well as winning a majority of both the state House and state Senate -- and that long-time U.S. Congressman John Dingell could be defeated by his Republican challenger Rocky Razkowski, and that former U.S. Congressman Tim Walberg may take back his seat from incumbant Democratic Congressman Mark Schauer.