Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- An MSU physicist believes he has solved the "black hole information paradox"
- What you can do to help Michigan's bats
- "A sad day" for Michigan bats: White-nose syndrome found in 3 counties
- This is doing more damage to Detroit than a hundred drug murders could have
- Biologists expect the worst for Michigan's bat population
Thu August 25, 2011
Michigan retailers turning more optimistic
A new survey finds Michigan retailers are growing more optimistic that they will see their sales improve over the next three months.
Tom Scott is with the Michigan Retailers Association. He says the survey’s results are the most optimistic state retailers have been about the economy since the end of last year.
"I think we’re scratching our heads a little bit over why there’s so much optimism out there…given the mixed economic news we’ve been getting. "
Scott says moderating gas prices and mild summer weather may have played a role in the optimism among Michigan retailers’ surveyed.