Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- There's a tick boom in Michigan - Here are 5 things you should know
- Students aren’t leaving Michigan football - Michigan football is leaving them
- The 6 most dangerous neighborhoods in Michigan
- The 15 Michigan schools running the biggest deficits
- You need to see these photos of the pet coke piles in Detroit
Thu August 25, 2011
Michigan retailers turning more optimistic
A new survey finds Michigan retailers are growing more optimistic that they will see their sales improve over the next three months.
Tom Scott is with the Michigan Retailers Association. He says the survey’s results are the most optimistic state retailers have been about the economy since the end of last year.
"I think we’re scratching our heads a little bit over why there’s so much optimism out there…given the mixed economic news we’ve been getting. "
Scott says moderating gas prices and mild summer weather may have played a role in the optimism among Michigan retailers’ surveyed.