Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- An MSU physicist believes he has solved the "black hole information paradox"
- What you can do to help Michigan's bats
- "A sad day" for Michigan bats: White-nose syndrome found in 3 counties
- This is doing more damage to Detroit than a hundred drug murders could have
- Biologists expect the worst for Michigan's bat population
Sun December 8, 2013
Michigan State fans get rowdy after Big Ten title win
EAST LANSING, Mich. (AP) - Thousands of Michigan State students have celebrated the football team's Big Ten title with large, rowdy bonfires.
East Lansing police arrested multiple people Saturday night near River and Cedar streets, which is a traditional spot for MSU students to party after major sports victories. No. 10 MSU defeated No. 2 Ohio State 34-24 late Saturday, earning its first Rose Bowl appearance in a quarter-century.
The Detroit News reported that students threw landscaping trees, a bicycle and kitchen fire extinguishers into a bonfire near the Cedar Village apartments. The Lansing State Journal said that fire was one of at least three large ones.
Officers surrounded another large fire on River Street at about 2:30 a.m. and marched slowly down the street in order to get the crowd to disperse.