Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- An MSU physicist believes he has solved the "black hole information paradox"
- What you can do to help Michigan's bats
- "A sad day" for Michigan bats: White-nose syndrome found in 3 counties
- This is doing more damage to Detroit than a hundred drug murders could have
- Biologists expect the worst for Michigan's bat population
Mon October 18, 2010
Michigan State Police are looking for sex offenders
Michigan state police troopers are knocking on the doors of paroled sex offenders this week.
The state is conducting its annual sweep to see if sex offenders are complying with the law requiring them to report with local law enforcement.
"Currently we’re at a 92 percent compliance rate in the state of Michigan," says State police Sergeant Kevin Mark, "That’s the highest it’s been since we really started cracking down and doing enforcement back in 2007."
Mark says the annual sex offender sweep will wrap up by the end of the month.