Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- 8 Mile Road is eight miles from where?
- Sure, there were pirates in the Caribbean, but the Great Lakes had them too
- Some in Ann Arbor have "cultural" concerns about annexing Whitmore Lake
- Analyzing Sunday's debate between Governor Rick Snyder and Democratic challenger, Mark Schauer
- Has public education funding gone up or down under Gov. Snyder's watch?
Mon October 18, 2010
Michigan State Police are looking for sex offenders
Michigan state police troopers are knocking on the doors of paroled sex offenders this week.
The state is conducting its annual sweep to see if sex offenders are complying with the law requiring them to report with local law enforcement.
"Currently we’re at a 92 percent compliance rate in the state of Michigan," says State police Sergeant Kevin Mark, "That’s the highest it’s been since we really started cracking down and doing enforcement back in 2007."
Mark says the annual sex offender sweep will wrap up by the end of the month.