Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- There's a tick boom in Michigan - Here are 5 things you should know
- Students aren’t leaving Michigan football - Michigan football is leaving them
- The 6 most dangerous neighborhoods in Michigan
- The 15 Michigan schools running the biggest deficits
- You need to see these photos of the pet coke piles in Detroit
Mon October 18, 2010
Michigan State Police are looking for sex offenders
Michigan state police troopers are knocking on the doors of paroled sex offenders this week.
The state is conducting its annual sweep to see if sex offenders are complying with the law requiring them to report with local law enforcement.
"Currently we’re at a 92 percent compliance rate in the state of Michigan," says State police Sergeant Kevin Mark, "That’s the highest it’s been since we really started cracking down and doing enforcement back in 2007."
Mark says the annual sex offender sweep will wrap up by the end of the month.