Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- No, Chinese investors aren't 'buying up Detroit' – but they do have an eye on the Motor City
- The average Michigan family needs $52,330 a year to 'make ends meet'
- What all the snow and ice will mean for Great Lakes water levels
- Here are our 10 favorite photos of what your winter looks like
- Michigan's Attorney General is risking his political future over the gay marriage case
Tue November 23, 2010
Michigan State Police stepping up patrols for Thanksgiving
Michigan State Police are stepping up highway patrols this evening as the Thanksgiving rush picks up.
Sergeant Jill Bennett is with the state police Traffic Safety Division.
She says drunk driving has become a major problem on the night before Thanksgiving.
“A lot of people don’t understand that St. Patrick’s Day, super bowl Sunday, New Year’s Eve are not the busiest bar nights of the year…the Wednesday before Thanksgiving is." says Bennett.
A federal grant is helping to offset the overtime costs of stepping up state police patrols during the Thanksgiving holiday weekend.