Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
- Don't like the water shut-offs in Detroit? Now you can pay someone's overdue water bill
- Some think their immigrant ancestors were the last that should be allowed in the U.S.
- Michigan Republican Party's tactics remind me of Watergate, because both were unnecessary
- Approaching construction on the highway? Experts say the "zipper merge" can help
Fri August 2, 2013
Michigan State University hosting the World Dwarf Games beginning Saturday
Michigan State University is hosting the quadrennial World Dwarf Games.
The Olympics-style athletic event is drawing more than 400 athletes from 17 countries.
Mike Cekanor is with the Dwarf Athletic Association of America. He says the games are a great showcase for dwarf athletes.
“I think in a lot of ways at times are athletes are overlooked,” says Cekanor, “But at the same time, I think when folks really get to know and appreciate what our athletes are capable of that they are very well respected.”
The opening ceremonies are scheduled for Saturday morning in East Lansing.