Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- No, Chinese investors aren't 'buying up Detroit' – but they do have an eye on the Motor City
- The average Michigan family needs $52,330 a year to 'make ends meet'
- What all the snow and ice will mean for Great Lakes water levels
- Here are our 10 favorite photos of what your winter looks like
- Michigan's Attorney General is risking his political future over the gay marriage case
Fri August 2, 2013
Michigan State University hosting the World Dwarf Games beginning Saturday
Michigan State University is hosting the quadrennial World Dwarf Games.
The Olympics-style athletic event is drawing more than 400 athletes from 17 countries.
Mike Cekanor is with the Dwarf Athletic Association of America. He says the games are a great showcase for dwarf athletes.
“I think in a lot of ways at times are athletes are overlooked,” says Cekanor, “But at the same time, I think when folks really get to know and appreciate what our athletes are capable of that they are very well respected.”
The opening ceremonies are scheduled for Saturday morning in East Lansing.