Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- An MSU physicist believes he has solved the "black hole information paradox"
- What you can do to help Michigan's bats
- "A sad day" for Michigan bats: White-nose syndrome found in 3 counties
- This is doing more damage to Detroit than a hundred drug murders could have
- Biologists expect the worst for Michigan's bat population
Fri August 2, 2013
Michigan State University hosting the World Dwarf Games beginning Saturday
Michigan State University is hosting the quadrennial World Dwarf Games.
The Olympics-style athletic event is drawing more than 400 athletes from 17 countries.
Mike Cekanor is with the Dwarf Athletic Association of America. He says the games are a great showcase for dwarf athletes.
“I think in a lot of ways at times are athletes are overlooked,” says Cekanor, “But at the same time, I think when folks really get to know and appreciate what our athletes are capable of that they are very well respected.”
The opening ceremonies are scheduled for Saturday morning in East Lansing.