Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Former Detroit broadcaster was inspiration for 'Ron Burgundy'
- Pressure builds on Michigan Football as Athletic Department's budget grows
- Muskegon is home to America's tallest, singing Christmas tree
- Do you live in a 'Super ZIP?' Here are Michigan's top 5 wealthiest ZIP codes
- Tribal sovereignty at issue in US Supreme Court case out of Michigan
Thu September 5, 2013
Michigan State University yanks professor from classroom after his anti-Republican rant goes viral
A Michigan State University professor has been pulled from the classroom, after a conservative group posted a video online that showed William Penn delivering an anti-Republican rant during a class.
Here's that video:
Penn teaches creative writing at MSU, or at least he did until this week.
A student posted the video. Penn is seen during a classroom lecture repeatedly making derogatory remarks against Republicans.
In the video, Penn can be heard calling Republicans “racist” and saying they “raped this country.” The video has drawn the ire of conservatives.
Michigan State University released a statement saying Penn met with university officials and “acknowledged that some of his comments were inappropriate, disrespectful and offensive and may have negatively affected the learning environment.”
The statement goes on to say Penn’s teaching duties have been “reassigned.”