Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
- What explains Michigan's large Arab American community?
- Some think their immigrant ancestors were the last that should be allowed in the U.S.
- Michigan Republican Party's tactics remind me of Watergate, because both were unnecessary
- Signed a petition to oppose Asian carp? You actually signed a petition to allow wolf hunting
Thu September 5, 2013
Michigan State University yanks professor from classroom after his anti-Republican rant goes viral
A Michigan State University professor has been pulled from the classroom, after a conservative group posted a video online that showed William Penn delivering an anti-Republican rant during a class.
Here's that video:
Penn teaches creative writing at MSU, or at least he did until this week.
A student posted the video. Penn is seen during a classroom lecture repeatedly making derogatory remarks against Republicans.
In the video, Penn can be heard calling Republicans “racist” and saying they “raped this country.” The video has drawn the ire of conservatives.
Michigan State University released a statement saying Penn met with university officials and “acknowledged that some of his comments were inappropriate, disrespectful and offensive and may have negatively affected the learning environment.”
The statement goes on to say Penn’s teaching duties have been “reassigned.”