Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- An MSU physicist believes he has solved the "black hole information paradox"
- What you can do to help Michigan's bats
- "A sad day" for Michigan bats: White-nose syndrome found in 3 counties
- This is doing more damage to Detroit than a hundred drug murders could have
- Biologists expect the worst for Michigan's bat population
Wed October 19, 2011
Michigan Supreme Court asked to allow recall election to take place
The Michigan Supreme Court is being asked to stay a lower court ruling and allow Genesee County voters to decide if they want to recall State Representative Paul Scott.
Last week, a judge issued a temporary injunction halting next month’s recall vote.
Bobbie Walton is with the recall campaign. She’s optimistic that the state supreme court will allow the vote to go forward.
“We are hoping, through our efforts, we can bring the vote back to the people in District 51," says Walton.
Paul Scott is among about a dozen Republican lawmakers targeted for recall by the Michigan Education Association. The Scott recall campaign is the only one that collected enough signatures to get the recall on the November ballot.