Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- An MSU physicist believes he has solved the "black hole information paradox"
- "A sad day" for Michigan bats: White-nose syndrome found in 3 counties
- This is doing more damage to Detroit than a hundred drug murders could have
- Biologists expect the worst for Michigan's bat population
- Power shift at Kendall College causing a stir
Fri March 18, 2011
Michigan Wolverines crush Tennessee in 1st round NCAA game
The Michigan Wolverines crushed the Tennessee Volunteers in their opening round game in the NCAA men's basketball tournament. The game was close at halftime. But U of M cruised in the second half to a 75-45 victory.
The Wolverines will play Sunday against the winner of the matchup between 16th seeded Hampton and top seeded Duke.
U of M is the only team with Michigan ties making to the second round of the NCAA men's basketball tournament. Michigan State lost it's first round game Thursday night. Oakland University lost a close game earlier this afternoon.