Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Former Detroit broadcaster was inspiration for 'Ron Burgundy'
- Muskegon is home to America's tallest, singing Christmas tree
- Pressure builds on Michigan Football as Athletic Department's budget grows
- Do you live in a 'Super ZIP?' Here are Michigan's top 5 wealthiest ZIP codes
- This is what it sounds like inside Michigan's largest wind farm
Fri March 18, 2011
Michigan Wolverines crush Tennessee in 1st round NCAA game
The Michigan Wolverines crushed the Tennessee Volunteers in their opening round game in the NCAA men's basketball tournament. The game was close at halftime. But U of M cruised in the second half to a 75-45 victory.
The Wolverines will play Sunday against the winner of the matchup between 16th seeded Hampton and top seeded Duke.
U of M is the only team with Michigan ties making to the second round of the NCAA men's basketball tournament. Michigan State lost it's first round game Thursday night. Oakland University lost a close game earlier this afternoon.