Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- An MSU physicist believes he has solved the "black hole information paradox"
- What you can do to help Michigan's bats
- "A sad day" for Michigan bats: White-nose syndrome found in 3 counties
- This is doing more damage to Detroit than a hundred drug murders could have
- Biologists expect the worst for Michigan's bat population
Mon July 18, 2011
Michigan's Best campaign expands
Some grocery store shelves are being filled with more Michigan-made products. Grand Rapids based Spartan Stores recently expanded its Michigan’s Best program by stocking more Michigan products in more stores. Spartan Stores started the Michigan’s Best campaign in 2009 to stimulate local businesses and farms. Alan Hartline is an executive at Spartan Stores. He says the campaign is great for Michigan.
"There’s been a lot of hype around the local Michigan economy and the economic headwinds have been much stronger than other parts of the United States," Hartline said.
Hartline says Michigan’s Best product sales are proof that people will support the local economy.
- Amelia Carpenter - Michigan Radio Newsroom