Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- "A sad day" for Michigan bats: White-nose syndrome found in 3 counties
- This is doing more damage to Detroit than a hundred drug murders could have
- Biologists expect the worst for Michigan's bat population
- Power shift at Kendall College causing a stir
- This is what it sounds like when a neighborhood church closes
Sat October 15, 2011
Michigan's fall foliage season reaches its peak
Michigan’s fall foliage tourism business has been enjoying an unusually good fall season. Clear skies and warm temperatures have been keeping the leaves on the trees longer and tourists coming.
David Lorenz is with Travel Michigan. He says the state’s travel website has seen an uptick in people visiting in recent weeks.
"That’s probably also a sign that people are recognizing ….they were hearing good news about fall colors this year and they wanted to get out and enjoy it," says Lorenz.
Lorenz says Michigan’s fall foliage is at its peak of color this weekend.