Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- No, Chinese investors aren't 'buying up Detroit' – but they do have an eye on the Motor City
- The average Michigan family needs $52,330 a year to 'make ends meet'
- Here are our 10 favorite photos of what your winter looks like
- Michigan's Attorney General is risking his political future over the gay marriage case
- Records may fall with the snow this week in Michigan
Sat October 15, 2011
Michigan's fall foliage season reaches its peak
Michigan’s fall foliage tourism business has been enjoying an unusually good fall season. Clear skies and warm temperatures have been keeping the leaves on the trees longer and tourists coming.
David Lorenz is with Travel Michigan. He says the state’s travel website has seen an uptick in people visiting in recent weeks.
"That’s probably also a sign that people are recognizing ….they were hearing good news about fall colors this year and they wanted to get out and enjoy it," says Lorenz.
Lorenz says Michigan’s fall foliage is at its peak of color this weekend.