Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Former Detroit broadcaster was inspiration for 'Ron Burgundy'
- Muskegon is home to America's tallest, singing Christmas tree
- Pressure builds on Michigan Football as Athletic Department's budget grows
- Why this 20 year old is getting a mastectomy, and why she's not alone
- Tribal sovereignty at issue in US Supreme Court case out of Michigan
Sat October 15, 2011
Michigan's fall foliage season reaches its peak
Michigan’s fall foliage tourism business has been enjoying an unusually good fall season. Clear skies and warm temperatures have been keeping the leaves on the trees longer and tourists coming.
David Lorenz is with Travel Michigan. He says the state’s travel website has seen an uptick in people visiting in recent weeks.
"That’s probably also a sign that people are recognizing ….they were hearing good news about fall colors this year and they wanted to get out and enjoy it," says Lorenz.
Lorenz says Michigan’s fall foliage is at its peak of color this weekend.