Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- No, Chinese investors aren't 'buying up Detroit' – but they do have an eye on the Motor City
- The average Michigan family needs $52,330 a year to 'make ends meet'
- If Arizona's bill to discriminate surprises you, you won't believe what's legal in Michigan
- What all the snow and ice will mean for Great Lakes water levels
- Here are our 10 favorite photos of what your winter looks like
Sun December 25, 2011
Michigan's holiday shopping season Part 2
The next phase of the holiday shopping season will start Monday with 'After Christmas' sales.
Tom Scott is with the Michigan Retailers Association. He says most retailers will offer some extra incentives to get customers into their stores, especially ones who got ‘gift cards’ as presents.
“They have quite a while to redeem the gift cards. And retailers would really like them to redeem them as soon as possible," says Scott, "So they’re providing incentives to try and move the merchandize and get shoppers in there and spending the gift cards….and even some more of their real cash too.”
This has already been a pretty good holiday shopping season for Michigan retailers with sales expected to be at least three percent higher than last year.