Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
- What explains Michigan's large Arab American community?
- Don't like the water shut-offs in Detroit? Now you can pay someone's overdue water bill
- Some think their immigrant ancestors were the last that should be allowed in the U.S.
- Michigan Republican Party's tactics remind me of Watergate, because both were unnecessary
Sun December 25, 2011
Michigan's holiday shopping season Part 2
The next phase of the holiday shopping season will start Monday with 'After Christmas' sales.
Tom Scott is with the Michigan Retailers Association. He says most retailers will offer some extra incentives to get customers into their stores, especially ones who got ‘gift cards’ as presents.
“They have quite a while to redeem the gift cards. And retailers would really like them to redeem them as soon as possible," says Scott, "So they’re providing incentives to try and move the merchandize and get shoppers in there and spending the gift cards….and even some more of their real cash too.”
This has already been a pretty good holiday shopping season for Michigan retailers with sales expected to be at least three percent higher than last year.