Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- There's a tick boom in Michigan - Here are 5 things you should know
- Students aren’t leaving Michigan football - Michigan football is leaving them
- The 6 most dangerous neighborhoods in Michigan
- The 15 Michigan schools running the biggest deficits
- You need to see these photos of the pet coke piles in Detroit
Wed April 13, 2011
Michigan's jobless rate held steady in March
One in 10 people in Michigan are out of work and looking for a job. The state's March unemployment rate was 10.3 percent. That's almost unchanged from the February rate of 10.4 percent. But it's a full three points below the March 2010 rate of 13.3 percent.
Michigan added 79,000 jobs over the past year, mostly in temporary help, IT, and the auto in industry.
Improvements in the unemployment rate have been modest so far this year, but reflect real job gains and not people leaving the workforce.