Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- An MSU physicist believes he has solved the "black hole information paradox"
- What you can do to help Michigan's bats
- This is doing more damage to Detroit than a hundred drug murders could have
- Biologists expect the worst for Michigan's bat population
- Join the Great Michigan Read story-writing contest
Wed April 13, 2011
Michigan's jobless rate held steady in March
One in 10 people in Michigan are out of work and looking for a job. The state's March unemployment rate was 10.3 percent. That's almost unchanged from the February rate of 10.4 percent. But it's a full three points below the March 2010 rate of 13.3 percent.
Michigan added 79,000 jobs over the past year, mostly in temporary help, IT, and the auto in industry.
Improvements in the unemployment rate have been modest so far this year, but reflect real job gains and not people leaving the workforce.