Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- "A sad day" for Michigan bats: White-nose syndrome found in 3 counties
- This is doing more damage to Detroit than a hundred drug murders could have
- Biologists expect the worst for Michigan's bat population
- Power shift at Kendall College causing a stir
- This is what it sounds like when a neighborhood church closes
Wed March 7, 2012
Michigan's unemployment rate continues decline
Michigan’s unemployment rate continues to decline.
Michigan’s seasonally adjusted unemployment rate dropped three tenths of one percent to 9% in January.
During the past year, Michigan’s unemployment rate is down nearly two full percentage points.
The state’s unemployment rate is now at its lowest mark since September 2008. It’s also about five percentage points lower than at the height of the recession in 2009.
Manufacturing and Professional services saw the biggest jump in new hires.