Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Former Detroit broadcaster was inspiration for 'Ron Burgundy'
- Pressure builds on Michigan Football as Athletic Department's budget grows
- Muskegon is home to America's tallest, singing Christmas tree
- Tribal sovereignty at issue in US Supreme Court case out of Michigan
- Do you live in a 'Super ZIP?' Here are Michigan's top 5 wealthiest ZIP codes
Wed March 7, 2012
Michigan's unemployment rate continues decline
Michigan’s unemployment rate continues to decline.
Michigan’s seasonally adjusted unemployment rate dropped three tenths of one percent to 9% in January.
During the past year, Michigan’s unemployment rate is down nearly two full percentage points.
The state’s unemployment rate is now at its lowest mark since September 2008. It’s also about five percentage points lower than at the height of the recession in 2009.
Manufacturing and Professional services saw the biggest jump in new hires.