Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- No, Chinese investors aren't 'buying up Detroit' – but they do have an eye on the Motor City
- If Arizona's bill to discriminate surprises you, you won't believe what's legal in Michigan
- The average Michigan family needs $52,330 a year to 'make ends meet'
- Watch a time-lapse video of the ice forming on the Great Lakes
- What all the snow and ice will mean for Great Lakes water levels
Mon October 28, 2013
Midtown Detroit woman is turning graffiti into jewelry
"Defiant jewelry with a purpose!"
That's the slogan for a unique jewelry business that launched in the Midtown area of Detroit.
It's called Rebel Nell.
The goal? To turn actual pieces of graffiti found on the ground into jewelry. The company is hiring disadvantaged women, hoping to give them a hand-up from poverty and dependence.
Amy Peterson is a co-founder of Rebel Nell. She joined us today.
Listen to the full interview above.