Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- "A sad day" for Michigan bats: White-nose syndrome found in 3 counties
- This is doing more damage to Detroit than a hundred drug murders could have
- Power shift at Kendall College causing a stir
- This is what it sounds like when a neighborhood church closes
- Yo Yo Ma playing with Detroit kids might make your heart melt
Mon October 28, 2013
Midtown Detroit woman is turning graffiti into jewelry
"Defiant jewelry with a purpose!"
That's the slogan for a unique jewelry business that launched in the Midtown area of Detroit.
It's called Rebel Nell.
The goal? To turn actual pieces of graffiti found on the ground into jewelry. The company is hiring disadvantaged women, hoping to give them a hand-up from poverty and dependence.
Amy Peterson is a co-founder of Rebel Nell. She joined us today.
Listen to the full interview above.