Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Former Detroit broadcaster was inspiration for 'Ron Burgundy'
- Pressure builds on Michigan Football as Athletic Department's budget grows
- Muskegon is home to America's tallest, singing Christmas tree
- Tribal sovereignty at issue in US Supreme Court case out of Michigan
- Do you live in a 'Super ZIP?' Here are Michigan's top 5 wealthiest ZIP codes
Wed May 11, 2011
Mobile field hospital drill to be held May 18
For the first time, Michigan will hold a disaster drill involving the state's complete mobile field hospital.
The drill will take place May 18 at The Summit at Capitol Centre in Dimondale, just southwest of Lansing.
It will be the first time that both a 100-bed mobile field hospital housed in southeast Michigan and a 40-bed mobile field hospital housed in southwest Michigan will be brought together in the same disaster drill.
The drill is intended to let emergency volunteer health professionals practice deploying the mobile field hospital, which can be set up virtually anywhere to treat patients.
The mobile hospital would be deployed if a disaster overwhelmed medical resources such as traditional hospitals and health clinics.