Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- An MSU physicist believes he has solved the "black hole information paradox"
- "A sad day" for Michigan bats: White-nose syndrome found in 3 counties
- This is doing more damage to Detroit than a hundred drug murders could have
- Biologists expect the worst for Michigan's bat population
- Power shift at Kendall College causing a stir
Politics & Government
Mon September 24, 2012
Mobile Secretary of State office making 5 SE Michigan stops
A mobile Secretary of State office is stopping at 5 Southeast Michigan colleges and universities this week.
It’s part of an ongoing effort by Secretary of State Ruth Johnson to make sure voters are registered for upcoming elections.
Here's where the mobile office will be this week:
- Macomb Community College, Center Campus, Clinton Township, from 10 a.m. to
4 p.m. on Monday, Sept. 24, inside the Dimitry Student Center (P Building);
- Wayne State University from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Tuesday, Sept. 25 on Gullen Mall;
- Eastern Michigan University from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Thursday, Sept. 27 outside the EMU Student Center;
- University of Michigan-Ann Arbor from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Friday, Sept. 28 on the Michigan League circle drive;
- University of Detroit-Mercy from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Thursday, Oct. 4 outside the Department of Public Safety building on the McNichols campus.
Fred Woodhams is with the Secretary of State’s office and says the mobile office can help with a variety of services. It’s a great opportunity for people to update their registration address and also they can do other Secretary of State business like renew their vehicle tabs or renew their driver’s license.
Woodhams says many of these services are also available online at www.EXPRESSSOS.com.
The deadline for voter registration is October 9th.