Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- An MSU physicist believes he has solved the "black hole information paradox"
- What you can do to help Michigan's bats
- "A sad day" for Michigan bats: White-nose syndrome found in 3 counties
- This is doing more damage to Detroit than a hundred drug murders could have
- Biologists expect the worst for Michigan's bat population
Sat August 20, 2011
More MI post office branches could close
As many as 17 post office branches in Detroit and other parts of southeast Michigan could be closed by the financially troubled U.S. Postal Service.
The Detroit Free Press reports Saturday that the Postal Service released a list of branches that might close before the end of the year.
Ten offices are in Detroit. The list also includes branches in Flint, Ferndale, Pontiac and Highland Park.
Postal Service spokesman Ed Moore tells the newspaper no final decision on the closures has been made. Moore says meetings must be held in each community where the offices in question are located before closures can take place.
Plans include replacing post offices with expanded-access sites in grocery stores and banks. Customers would get most of the same services they had been receiving.