Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Scientists are looking for "survivor trees" in Michigan, and they want your help
- The Detroit Free Press endorsement shows our system of government is broken
- 8 Mile Road is eight miles from where?
- Snyder and Schauer both wrong; potential revenue lost to schools is a billion dollars a year
- Here's why so few people get flu shots
Mon May 19, 2014
A morel mushroom recipe from a café in Cadillac
Listen to Chef Hermann Suhs cooking up morels in his kitchen at Hermann's European Café in Cadillac, Michigan.
This audio postcard was produced by Tom Carr.
Here's the recipe for "Fettuccine Morello a la Chef Hermann"
2 oz. grated Parmgiano-Reggiano
1/2 lb. cooked fettuccine
1/2 cup heavy cream
2 oz. salted butter
1 oz. olive oil
1 tsp. chopped shallot
1/2 tsp. chopped Italian red garlic
2 oz. fresh morels or 2-3 dried soaked morels
Salt to season
Dash of dried thyme leaves
1/2 tsp. chopped parsley
Dash of coarse ground black pepper
Sauté morels with shallots and garlic until soft, about 3 minutes over medium heat. Add the al dente cooked fettuccine, sauté one minute and then add heavy cream. Let it cook down over medium heat for about 3 minutes. Add half the grated cheese, blend and take it off the flame. Add seasonings and let stand for a couple of minutes. Serve with the extra grated cheese.