Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
- What explains Michigan's large Arab American community?
- Some think their immigrant ancestors were the last that should be allowed in the U.S.
- Michigan Republican Party's tactics remind me of Watergate, because both were unnecessary
- Michigan's campaign for governor gets weird as Republicans deploy spyglasses
Jobs at Michigan Radio
Fri May 30, 2014
Morning Edition Internship (Fall 2014)
Michigan Radio has an open internship position on our morning news shift during the Fall. Intern would assist our morning anchor during the morning broadcast shift. Responsibilities include writing and re-writing news stories and weather forecasts; generating story ideas; preparing audio materials for broadcast; and booking, recording, and digitally editing interviews. The internship is unpaid (though arrangements can be made for credit). Work hours are 6a-10a Mon-Fri
This is an amazing opportunity to get hands on experience for a career as a news producer, on-air anchor, or broadcast journalist. Hard work, professionalism, and commitment will be expected. Interest in a career in public broadcasting is a plus. Experience in journalism, editing audio and writing for radio preferred. Please send a copy of your resume and cover letter to email@example.com by August 1, 2014