Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- An MSU physicist believes he has solved the "black hole information paradox"
- What you can do to help Michigan's bats
- "A sad day" for Michigan bats: White-nose syndrome found in 3 counties
- This is doing more damage to Detroit than a hundred drug murders could have
- Biologists expect the worst for Michigan's bat population
Politics & Government
Mon September 16, 2013
In this morning's headlines: Medicaid, anthrax vaccine expansion, Detroit lighting
Governor to sign Medicaid expansion today
"Governor Rick Snyder today will sign into law a plan to expand Medicaid in Michigan. The measure will extend government-sponsored health care to hundreds of thousands of low-income Michiganders through the federal Affordable Care Act," Jake Neher reports.
Anthrax vaccine facility expands in Michigan
The nations only licensed anthrax vaccine is made in Lansing. Now the company that makes the vaccine will open a new Michigan facility to expand production of the anthrax vaccine. More on the story can be found here.
Plan for more lighting in Detroit moves forward
"Plans are moving forward on a new effort to keep streetlights working in Detroit. The Public Lighting Authority of Detroit says it will begin a block-by-block review of streetlights in two Detroit neighborhoods this week as part of two pilot projects. According to some estimates, fewer than half of Detroit's 88,000 streetlights are believed to work," the Associated Press reports.