Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Bill to pull the plug on telephone landlines clears Michigan Legislature
- How one Michigan church is changing its views on gay marriage
- Records may fall with the snow this week in Michigan
- This supplemental bill gravely endangers infant health and Michigan's future
- Veteran treasure hunter solves the last 'Wyoming Riddle'
Politics & Government
Mon February 10, 2014
In this morning's headlines: Minimum wage, Belle Isle, Saginaw schools
Group files petition today to bump minimum wage to $9.50
"The campaign to raise Michigan’s minimum wage has settled on a target of $9.50 an hour. The group expects to file its petition language later today with state elections officials," Rick Pluta reports.
Belle Isle becomes a state park
Detroit's Belle Isle park becomes Michigan's newest state park today.
"The state is taking over the city-owned park under a lease deal with Detroit Emergency Manager Kevyn Orr. [The move is] expected to save the bankrupt city between $4 million and $6 million a year," the Associated Press reports.
Saginaw school board continues to negotiate deficit elimination plan
"Saginaw school board members will try again tomorrow to hash out a deficit elimination plan. Last week school board members met three times to discuss a plan to trim the district’s multi-million dollar deficit. The plan included layoffs and school closings," Steve Carmody reports.