Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- No, Chinese investors aren't 'buying up Detroit' – but they do have an eye on the Motor City
- The average Michigan family needs $52,330 a year to 'make ends meet'
- What all the snow and ice will mean for Great Lakes water levels
- Here are our 10 favorite photos of what your winter looks like
- Michigan's Attorney General is risking his political future over the gay marriage case
Mon September 13, 2010
In this morning's news...
Debates Continue (About Debates)
It seems Democratic candidate for Governor Virg Bernero and GOP nominee Rick Snyder aren't any closer to debating before Election Day. Discussions over scheduling the debates have broken down between the two campaigns and Bernero is now asking Michigan TV stations to host debates. Bernero says he'd show up to the debates, and hopes Snyder would too.
Bad Roads = Bad Economy
There's less money out there to fix Michigan roads and that, in turn, can lead to economic troubles. In fact, county road commission budgets are about the same as they were 10 years ago. And, what may be even worse: the state has lost more than a billion dollars in road asset value in the last two years.
msu sAz txtN iz writiNg
As Michigan Radio's Steve Carmody reports, "English majors may disagree, but a new Michigan State University study says texting is writing. A recent survey of 1,300 first year college students found they ranked texting as their number one form of writing and cell phones are their primary writing platform." MSU researches agree with those students and say that today's young people are writing more than any previous generation.