Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Here's how Michigan taxpayers came to own the designs for the original World Trade Center
- Revisiting the origin of the "Michigan Left"
- Students, alumni rally in support of gay teacher who says pregnancy got her fired
- What's behind Michigan Republicans' big turnaround on medical marijuana?
- Decades after a summer job up north, this man writes an insider account of Mackinac Island
Fri September 17, 2010
In this morning's news...
Kalamazoo River Clean Up Progressing
The Kalamazoo River clean-up is going well, according to the Environmental Protection Agency. The news comes almost two months after a broken pipeline owned by Enbridge Energy leaked more than 800,000 gallons of oil near Marshall, Michigan. Yesterday, Enbridge officials were questioned by a U.S. House panel about the spill.
Stem Cell Fight Delays State Budget
With less than two weeks to go before the October 1st deadline, state negotiators are trying to balance the budget. As Michigan Public Radio Network's Rick Pluta reports, a fight over embryonic stem cell research is holding up a deal on funding the state's 15 public universities.
Bernero, Snyder to Attend Policy Forum
The two men running for governor will both appear at today's West Michigan Policy Forum in Grand Rapids. Democratic candidate Virg Bernero and Republican nominee Rick Snyder will both address the forum and answers questions but they'll do it separately. There are still no formal debates scheduled before the November 2nd election.