Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- An MSU physicist believes he has solved the "black hole information paradox"
- What you can do to help Michigan's bats
- This is doing more damage to Detroit than a hundred drug murders could have
- Biologists expect the worst for Michigan's bat population
- Join the Great Michigan Read story-writing contest
Mon February 6, 2012
MSU professors rate Skechers ad top Super Bowl commercial
Michigan State University’s Department of Advertising, Public Relations and Retailing has released their list of top five Super Bowl ads.
Of the 55 commercials, the top five in their analysis were::
- First place: Skechers featuring the dog race
- Second place: Mars M&M featuring Miss Brown
- Third place: Pepsi featuring Elton John and Flava Flav
- Fourth place: Doritos with the baby in a slingshot
- Fifth place: Chrysler’s Fiat 500 with the sexy Italian woman
This is the 15th year MSU faculty have rated the ads. 23 faculty members rated the ads “based on creativity, production and overall quality.”
Chrysler worked to build on the momentum it started last year with its "Imported from Detroit" ad by airing another "Imported from Detroit" ad featuring actor Clint Eastwood.
The ad aired just before the second half of the game with Eastwood talking about "America's second half" and the comeback of the auto industry and the city of Detroit.
The Detroit Free Press reports the ad might have run into some copyright issues:
Chrysler’s Super Bowl commercial featuring Clint Eastwood is not available on Chrysler’s YouTube channel because of a “copyright claim,” by the NFL.
A spokeswoman for Chrysler said that the company did not remove the commercial, titled “Halftime in America,” and is unsure why it has been removed.
“This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by NFL Properties LLC,” according to a message on YouTube when a viewer tries to play the two-minute commercial.
A spokesperson for the NFL could not be reached immediately for comment.