Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
- What explains Michigan's large Arab American community?
- Some think their immigrant ancestors were the last that should be allowed in the U.S.
- Michigan Republican Party's tactics remind me of Watergate, because both were unnecessary
- Signed a petition to oppose Asian carp? You actually signed a petition to allow wolf hunting
Wed January 1, 2014
MSU Spartans face the Stanford Cardinal in today's Rose Bowl
There are many Michigan State University students and alumni celebrating the New Year in Pasadena.
They’re there to see the Spartans play in this year’s Rose Bowl game.
The Rose Bowl is nicknamed “The granddaddy of them all” because it is the oldest of the college football bowl games.
The last time the Spartans represented the Big Ten in the Rose Bowl was 1988. MSU earned its first trip back to Pasadena on New Year’s Day with a 12 and one season, finishing with a win over Ohio State in the Big Ten championship game.
The Spartans will face Stanford. Stanford is the PAC-12 champ, after an 11 and two season.
This is Stanford's second straight trip to the Rose Bowl.