Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- An MSU physicist believes he has solved the "black hole information paradox"
- "A sad day" for Michigan bats: White-nose syndrome found in 3 counties
- This is doing more damage to Detroit than a hundred drug murders could have
- Biologists expect the worst for Michigan's bat population
- Power shift at Kendall College causing a stir
Wed January 1, 2014
MSU Spartans face the Stanford Cardinal in today's Rose Bowl
There are many Michigan State University students and alumni celebrating the New Year in Pasadena.
They’re there to see the Spartans play in this year’s Rose Bowl game.
The Rose Bowl is nicknamed “The granddaddy of them all” because it is the oldest of the college football bowl games.
The last time the Spartans represented the Big Ten in the Rose Bowl was 1988. MSU earned its first trip back to Pasadena on New Year’s Day with a 12 and one season, finishing with a win over Ohio State in the Big Ten championship game.
The Spartans will face Stanford. Stanford is the PAC-12 champ, after an 11 and two season.
This is Stanford's second straight trip to the Rose Bowl.