TransportationMany Michigan voters to decide whether to raise taxes to fix their community’s roads
Politics & GovernmentGOP establishment backs challenger in the 3rd district, but voters don’t seem to care
Politics & GovernmentThose who want to outlaw publications over sexually explicit ads should study Constitution first
Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Don't like the water shut-offs in Detroit? Now you can pay someone's overdue water bill
- Proposal 1 asks Michigan voters to weigh in on a complex tax issue
- Approaching construction on the highway? Experts say the "zipper merge" can help
- These three female candidates could be some of the most interesting leaders in Michigan
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
Wed January 1, 2014
MSU Spartans face the Stanford Cardinal in today's Rose Bowl
There are many Michigan State University students and alumni celebrating the New Year in Pasadena.
They’re there to see the Spartans play in this year’s Rose Bowl game.
The Rose Bowl is nicknamed “The granddaddy of them all” because it is the oldest of the college football bowl games.
The last time the Spartans represented the Big Ten in the Rose Bowl was 1988. MSU earned its first trip back to Pasadena on New Year’s Day with a 12 and one season, finishing with a win over Ohio State in the Big Ten championship game.
The Spartans will face Stanford. Stanford is the PAC-12 champ, after an 11 and two season.
This is Stanford's second straight trip to the Rose Bowl.