Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- No, Chinese investors aren't 'buying up Detroit' – but they do have an eye on the Motor City
- If Arizona's bill to discriminate surprises you, you won't believe what's legal in Michigan
- The average Michigan family needs $52,330 a year to 'make ends meet'
- Watch a time-lapse video of the ice forming on the Great Lakes
- What all the snow and ice will mean for Great Lakes water levels
Wed January 1, 2014
MSU Spartans face the Stanford Cardinal in today's Rose Bowl
There are many Michigan State University students and alumni celebrating the New Year in Pasadena.
They’re there to see the Spartans play in this year’s Rose Bowl game.
The Rose Bowl is nicknamed “The granddaddy of them all” because it is the oldest of the college football bowl games.
The last time the Spartans represented the Big Ten in the Rose Bowl was 1988. MSU earned its first trip back to Pasadena on New Year’s Day with a 12 and one season, finishing with a win over Ohio State in the Big Ten championship game.
The Spartans will face Stanford. Stanford is the PAC-12 champ, after an 11 and two season.
This is Stanford's second straight trip to the Rose Bowl.