Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- An MSU physicist believes he has solved the "black hole information paradox"
- "A sad day" for Michigan bats: White-nose syndrome found in 3 counties
- This is doing more damage to Detroit than a hundred drug murders could have
- Biologists expect the worst for Michigan's bat population
- Power shift at Kendall College causing a stir
Fri July 5, 2013
MSU's is top specialty license plate in Michigan
LANSING, Mich. (AP) - State records show Michigan State University's license plate is the No. 1 specialty plate in Michigan.
The Lansing State Journal reports Friday that a half-million of the MSU plates have been sold since it debuted in 2000.
That puts the East Lansing school squarely ahead of its rival to the southeast.
The University of Michigan in Ann Arbor's license plate has drawn about 362,000 patrons. That puts it in third place behind a patriotic plate that debuted after the Sept. 11, 2001, terror attacks.
Michigan State officials say the popularity of their plate likely stems from the school's large alumni base in Michigan.
The school has earned $6.2 million from the proceeds of the plates.