Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Don't like the water shut-offs in Detroit? Now you can pay someone's overdue water bill
- Approaching construction on the highway? Experts say the "zipper merge" can help
- Proposal 1 asks Michigan voters to weigh in on a complex tax issue
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
- These three female candidates could be some of the most interesting leaders in Michigan
Thu May 16, 2013
National Women's Health Week gives focus to Michigan Legislature
This is National Women's Health week. Democrats have unveiled a package of bills and resolutions to address a wide range of women's health issues.
The three resolutions and four bills include proposals that would explain and offer emergency contraception to rape victims, offer age-appropriate sex education in public schools, and require doctors to give women detailed information on their breast density, which is important in mammography results.
Michigan Radio's Cynthia Canty spoke with Marcia Hovey-Wright, a Democratic Representative for the 92nd District in Muskegon County.
To hear the full audio, click the link above.