Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
- What explains Michigan's large Arab American community?
- Some think their immigrant ancestors were the last that should be allowed in the U.S.
- Michigan Republican Party's tactics remind me of Watergate, because both were unnecessary
- Signed a petition to oppose Asian carp? You actually signed a petition to allow wolf hunting
Thu May 16, 2013
National Women's Health Week gives focus to Michigan Legislature
This is National Women's Health week. Democrats have unveiled a package of bills and resolutions to address a wide range of women's health issues.
The three resolutions and four bills include proposals that would explain and offer emergency contraception to rape victims, offer age-appropriate sex education in public schools, and require doctors to give women detailed information on their breast density, which is important in mammography results.
Michigan Radio's Cynthia Canty spoke with Marcia Hovey-Wright, a Democratic Representative for the 92nd District in Muskegon County.
To hear the full audio, click the link above.