Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- No, Chinese investors aren't 'buying up Detroit' – but they do have an eye on the Motor City
- The average Michigan family needs $52,330 a year to 'make ends meet'
- Here are our 10 favorite photos of what your winter looks like
- Michigan's Attorney General is risking his political future over the gay marriage case
- What all the snow and ice will mean for Great Lakes water levels
Thu May 16, 2013
National Women's Health Week gives focus to Michigan Legislature
This is National Women's Health week. Democrats have unveiled a package of bills and resolutions to address a wide range of women's health issues.
The three resolutions and four bills include proposals that would explain and offer emergency contraception to rape victims, offer age-appropriate sex education in public schools, and require doctors to give women detailed information on their breast density, which is important in mammography results.
Michigan Radio's Cynthia Canty spoke with Marcia Hovey-Wright, a Democratic Representative for the 92nd District in Muskegon County.
To hear the full audio, click the link above.