Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- This Michigan-bred musician nails 29 celebrity impressions in one song
- Charter school supporters’ response to investigations is "Soviet" in style
- The polarizing reactions to the 'Hobby Lobby' case are more frightening than the Cold War
- Michigan’s arsenic problem is among the worst in the nation. Here’s why that matters.
- Here's how to test and treat your drinking water well for arsenic
Thu March 28, 2013
'Nerd Nite' debuts in Detroit tonight
"Be there and be square!"
That's the battle cry for Detroit's first-ever 'Nerd Nite.'
It's happening tonight at Great Lakes Coffee on Woodward in the Medical Center area of Detroit.
Ann Arbor started its monthly Nerd Nites earlier this year. The event helps bring fun and entertainment with an added value of learning, but people may be wondering, what exactly is a 'Nerd Nite'.
Organizers Liz LaMoste and Amber Conville join us today to tell us what happens during a Nerd Nite where the slogan is "Nerd Nite is like The Discovery Channel with beer."
As a reminder, Detroit's inaugural Nerd Nite is tonight at Great Lakes Coffee on Woodward in the Medical Center area just a bit north of Orchestra Hall. Doors open at 6:30 p.m.and everything kicks off at 7 p.m.
Details are at detroit.nerdnite.com.
Listen to the full interview above.