Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- No, Chinese investors aren't 'buying up Detroit' – but they do have an eye on the Motor City
- The average Michigan family needs $52,330 a year to 'make ends meet'
- Here are our 10 favorite photos of what your winter looks like
- Michigan's Attorney General is risking his political future over the gay marriage case
- Records may fall with the snow this week in Michigan
Thu March 28, 2013
'Nerd Nite' debuts in Detroit tonight
"Be there and be square!"
That's the battle cry for Detroit's first-ever 'Nerd Nite.'
It's happening tonight at Great Lakes Coffee on Woodward in the Medical Center area of Detroit.
Ann Arbor started its monthly Nerd Nites earlier this year. The event helps bring fun and entertainment with an added value of learning, but people may be wondering, what exactly is a 'Nerd Nite'.
Organizers Liz LaMoste and Amber Conville join us today to tell us what happens during a Nerd Nite where the slogan is "Nerd Nite is like The Discovery Channel with beer."
As a reminder, Detroit's inaugural Nerd Nite is tonight at Great Lakes Coffee on Woodward in the Medical Center area just a bit north of Orchestra Hall. Doors open at 6:30 p.m.and everything kicks off at 7 p.m.
Details are at detroit.nerdnite.com.
Listen to the full interview above.