Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
- What explains Michigan's large Arab American community?
- Some think their immigrant ancestors were the last that should be allowed in the U.S.
- Michigan Republican Party's tactics remind me of Watergate, because both were unnecessary
- Signed a petition to oppose Asian carp? You actually signed a petition to allow wolf hunting
New ATC/WESUN hosts
Fri January 6, 2012
New ATC and Weekend Edition Sunday hosts
Last summer, Audie Cornish took over as the new host of Weekend Edition Sunday, following Liane Hansen’s retirement. This January, Audie is making another change as she takes on a one-year assignment as co-host of All Things Considered. This change follows Michele Norris’ decision to step away from that post until after the 2012 presidential campaign because her husband has taken a senior position with President Obama's re-election effort. Audie is a warm and familiar voice to NPR audiences and will join co-hosts Robert Siegel and Melissa Block in Washington, while Michigan Radio’s Jennifer White continues as local host from our studios in Ann Arbor.
As part of this change, Rachel Martin is joining Weekend Edition Sunday as that show's new host. She brings considerable experience to the position, and has filled in over the years on the program. For the last year and a half, Rachel has been a National Security Correspondent, providing coverage of military and intelligence issues. Rachel has also been a foreign correspondent for NPR based in Berlin, and has covered everything from German elections to the London Terrorist attacks to the 2006 World Cup. Before that she reported extensively from Afghanistan and later from Iraq
You can hear NPR's All Things Considered on Michigan Radio, Mondays through Fridays from 4 - 6:30 p.m. Weekend Edition Sunday can be heard each Sunday from 8 – 11 a.m.