Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- 8 Mile Road is eight miles from where?
- Sure, there were pirates in the Caribbean, but the Great Lakes had them too
- Some in Ann Arbor have "cultural" concerns about annexing Whitmore Lake
- Has public education funding gone up or down under Gov. Snyder's watch?
- Analyzing Sunday's debate between Governor Rick Snyder and Democratic challenger, Mark Schauer
Wed February 19, 2014
A new era for Dodds Records, a Grand Rapids institution
Vinyl records. The sight and sound of an LP can unleash torrents of sentiment and memories for those who grew up dropping that needle onto a shiny record.
And if you've grown up only downloading your music digitally, you need to know that there’s nothing finer than wandering through the aisles of a record store – a record store like Dodds Records in Grand Rapids, which has served music lovers for some 30 years.
With a new owner who is committed to keeping the love of records alive, the future for the venerable Grand Rapids business is looking bright.
Listen to the full interview above.
Songs from Studio East
Politics & Culture