Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- An MSU physicist believes he has solved the "black hole information paradox"
- What you can do to help Michigan's bats
- "A sad day" for Michigan bats: White-nose syndrome found in 3 counties
- This is doing more damage to Detroit than a hundred drug murders could have
- Biologists expect the worst for Michigan's bat population
Sat June 25, 2011
New law clears the way for gay marriage in NY
Democratic Governor Andrew Cuomo has signed New York's gay marriage bill, starting what is expected to be a crush of gay weddings beginning in 30 days.
State lawmakers narrowly voted to legalize same-sex marriage last night, handing activists a breakthrough victory in the state where the gay rights movement was born. At New York City's famous Stonewall Inn that spawned the gay rights movement in 1969, Scott Redstone watched lawmakers pass a historic gay marriage measure Friday night on one of the many Internet and television feeds. He was with his partner of 29 years, and popped the question.
New York becomes the sixth state where gay couples can wed and the biggest by far.
(From the Associated Press)
Free Speech or Hate Speech (or both?)