Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Don't like the water shut-offs in Detroit? Now you can pay someone's overdue water bill
- Approaching construction on the highway? Experts say the "zipper merge" can help
- These three female candidates could be some of the most interesting leaders in Michigan
- Those who want to outlaw publications over sexually explicit ads should study Constitution first
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
Wed November 10, 2010
New leaders at the Capitol
Lawmakers at the state Capitol continued to choose legislative leaders yesterday. In the Senate: Republican state Senator Randy Richardville of Monroe was elected as the next Senate Majority Leader. He'll takeover the job from term-limited Republican state Senator Mike Bishop.
In the House: Republican state Representative Jase Bolger of Marhsall will be the new House Speaker. He takes over the job from term-limited Democratic Speaker Andy Dillon. On Monday, Governor-elect Rick Sndyer named Dillon to be the state's next treasurer.
Democrats picked Representative Richard Hammel of Genesee County as their Minority Leader.