Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Former Detroit broadcaster was inspiration for 'Ron Burgundy'
- Do you live in a 'Super ZIP?' Here are Michigan's top 5 wealthiest ZIP codes
- Muskegon is home to America's tallest, singing Christmas tree
- Pressure builds on Michigan Football as Athletic Department's budget grows
- This is what it sounds like inside Michigan's largest wind farm
Wed November 10, 2010
New leaders at the Capitol
Lawmakers at the state Capitol continued to choose legislative leaders yesterday. In the Senate: Republican state Senator Randy Richardville of Monroe was elected as the next Senate Majority Leader. He'll takeover the job from term-limited Republican state Senator Mike Bishop.
In the House: Republican state Representative Jase Bolger of Marhsall will be the new House Speaker. He takes over the job from term-limited Democratic Speaker Andy Dillon. On Monday, Governor-elect Rick Sndyer named Dillon to be the state's next treasurer.
Democrats picked Representative Richard Hammel of Genesee County as their Minority Leader.