Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Former Detroit broadcaster was inspiration for 'Ron Burgundy'
- Pressure builds on Michigan Football as Athletic Department's budget grows
- Muskegon is home to America's tallest, singing Christmas tree
- Tribal sovereignty at issue in US Supreme Court case out of Michigan
- Do you live in a 'Super ZIP?' Here are Michigan's top 5 wealthiest ZIP codes
Wed November 10, 2010
New leaders at the Capitol
Lawmakers at the state Capitol continued to choose legislative leaders yesterday. In the Senate: Republican state Senator Randy Richardville of Monroe was elected as the next Senate Majority Leader. He'll takeover the job from term-limited Republican state Senator Mike Bishop.
In the House: Republican state Representative Jase Bolger of Marhsall will be the new House Speaker. He takes over the job from term-limited Democratic Speaker Andy Dillon. On Monday, Governor-elect Rick Sndyer named Dillon to be the state's next treasurer.
Democrats picked Representative Richard Hammel of Genesee County as their Minority Leader.