Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- No, Chinese investors aren't 'buying up Detroit' – but they do have an eye on the Motor City
- If Arizona's bill to discriminate surprises you, you won't believe what's legal in Michigan
- The average Michigan family needs $52,330 a year to 'make ends meet'
- Watch a time-lapse video of the ice forming on the Great Lakes
- What all the snow and ice will mean for Great Lakes water levels
Wed November 10, 2010
New leaders at the Capitol
Lawmakers at the state Capitol continued to choose legislative leaders yesterday. In the Senate: Republican state Senator Randy Richardville of Monroe was elected as the next Senate Majority Leader. He'll takeover the job from term-limited Republican state Senator Mike Bishop.
In the House: Republican state Representative Jase Bolger of Marhsall will be the new House Speaker. He takes over the job from term-limited Democratic Speaker Andy Dillon. On Monday, Governor-elect Rick Sndyer named Dillon to be the state's next treasurer.
Democrats picked Representative Richard Hammel of Genesee County as their Minority Leader.