Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- An MSU physicist believes he has solved the "black hole information paradox"
- What you can do to help Michigan's bats
- This is doing more damage to Detroit than a hundred drug murders could have
- Biologists expect the worst for Michigan's bat population
- Join the Great Michigan Read story-writing contest
Wed November 10, 2010
New leaders at the Capitol
Lawmakers at the state Capitol continued to choose legislative leaders yesterday. In the Senate: Republican state Senator Randy Richardville of Monroe was elected as the next Senate Majority Leader. He'll takeover the job from term-limited Republican state Senator Mike Bishop.
In the House: Republican state Representative Jase Bolger of Marhsall will be the new House Speaker. He takes over the job from term-limited Democratic Speaker Andy Dillon. On Monday, Governor-elect Rick Sndyer named Dillon to be the state's next treasurer.
Democrats picked Representative Richard Hammel of Genesee County as their Minority Leader.